I’m a lucky gal! Rory, the lovely Guy (or is it Bloke?) behind the wonderful blog A Guy Called Bloke has very kindly given me my second Liebster Award nomination! Thank you so much, it is really touching that people are taking the time to read my blog and spread the word. If you don’t already follow A Guy Called Bloke then head over there immediately and check out his blog which is stories about his journey through life, experiences of being on the autism spectrum, poems and beautiful photography.
Liebster Award Rules:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated your blog
- Answer their questions
- Nominate 11 other new bloggers to encourage them
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know that you have nominated them:
So, without further ado, here are the answers to the questions I have been asked:
1] Who was your best teacher at school and why?
Ahh… That’s an easy one, her name is Kate (great name) she was my English teacher in high school, she was one of those ‘cool’ teachers that all the kids respected, she let us call her by her first name, she was sarcastic, hilarious and the first teacher to really support me and encourage my love of writing. When I dropped out in year 10 she actually came down to my workplace to check on me, once she ascertained that I was doing okay she proceeded to give me a huge lecture about dropping out and how much ‘potential’ I had. I didn’t go back to school but the fact that she cared enough to do that has always meant the world to me.
2] Which are your three favourite movies?
“We’re The Millers”, “Mr Right” (Both of these movies can get me to laugh even in my most depressed state) and of course the old classic The Shawshank Redemption – and generally anything with Morgan Freeman in it.
3] What is your best blog post to date? Please link.
Oh, this is a hard one, best in terms of number of views or best in terms of the way it’s written? I guess I will go with number of views… its called:
4] Of the 11 questions here, which is the worst for you and why?
Question 10. Because it is missing, therefor I will assume it to be “To be or not, to be”
5] If you had to be one of these three cartoon characters which one would you be and why? Goofy, Pluto, Roger Rabbit?
This is shameful to confess but I didn’t have a whole lot of cartoon time as a kid so I am not familiar enough with any of them. I can be pretty Goofy as a person, so I will go with that!
6] Do you ever talk to yourself, and if so what do you say?
Yes, yes I do. 99% of the time it’s a barrage of negative self-talk full of expletives which tends to leave my head and come out my mouth when I am severely frustrated, which is often.
7] Of these three sounds, which one describes you the best and why? Ping, Ting, Bong!
Interesting… As a teenager I would have said ‘Bong’ because, well, I was a bit of a stoner, now the word that stands out the most to me is “Ping” but I can’t give any sort of reasonable explanation for that!
8] Boots or sandals?
Boots in winter, sandals in summer.
9] Which one of these dwarfs are you? Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey, Sleepy – but more importantly WHY?
Dopey. Because I’m not all that bright LOL
11] What was the answer to question 10?
“Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Or to take arms against a sea of troubles. And by opposing end them…”
Here are my 11 awesome blogger nominations:
- Revenge Of Eve
- How I Killed Betty
- The Art Of Becoming
- You Will Bear Witness
- Inside Liam’s Head
- Therapy Bits
- She Is So Bipolar
- No Space For Milk
- Life Of Lel
- You Are Enough
My 11 Questions:
- What is your most treasured memory of childhood?
- If you were a tree, what tree would you be? Why?
- What is your preferred social media platform and why?
- If you could change one law, what law would you change and why?
- If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make any sound?
- If you were forced to change your name right now and leave the country immediately, what would you call yourself and where would you go?
- If you discovered time travel, would you share your secret with the world? Why?
- What was your reason for starting a blog? Has that reason changed over time?
- If your blog suddenly went viral overnight, how would you feel about that?
- Who would you choose to play you in a movie about your life?
- If you had a pet parrot, what word would it be most likely to learn first?
Okay, so once again a big thank you once again to Rory over at A Guy Called Bloke for this nomination and best of luck to all of my nominees!
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2018 are as below:
- The winning blog wins a prize. Each blog gets one entry. To enter you must:
- Link to this blog post in your Liebster Award Blog Post
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer (looking for unique and creative ones)
- Entries start 1st Jan 2018 and end on 25th December 2018. The winner will be picked on 31st December.